If you’re looking to increase home safety, few things compare to having the ability to see what’s happening in and around your home at any moment. Home security cameras give you the capability to see live and recorded video so you’re always in the know.
But, with this much information and so many options out there, it’s easy to feel frustrated while shopping for cameras for your home. That’s why we’ve created this guide to assist you in finding the right home security cameras for you.
Why get security system cameras? Before we start, ask yourself this question: do you truly need a home surveillance camera? Listed below are several signs that a home surveillance camera could be right for you:
- You frequently shop on-line and have packages delivered to your door.
- You’re frequently away from your home for hours at a time.
- You have many entrances to your home.
- You have valuables inside the home that can be a target for thieves.
- You have children or pets you would like to keep track of.
- You have areas you would like to watch, like a gate, car, or a pool.
Every homeowner’s needs can be different, but the reassurance you enjoy having a home surveillance camera is priceless. What surveillance camera should I get? Deciding on the right surveillance camera for your needs is very important. There are 3 common types: Outdoor cameras, Doorbell cameras, Indoor cameras. Let’s take a look at each and what you should think about.
Outdoor cameras are the most popular type of surveillance cameras and a cornerstone of any security system. After all, the only way to know what’s going on outside your home is by seeing it with your own eyes.
Look for an outdoor camera with these features:
- Capability to stream live and recorded video on your phone
- Infrared night vision
The doorbell camera enables you to check the main access point to your home. You may also see who’s coming and going when packages are delivered, and a few video doorbells enable you to have two-way conversations with guests in your door.
Look for a doorbell camera with these features:
- 180-degree wide viewing angle
- Two-way talk functionality
- Aesthetic–does it look nice next to your door?
The indoor camera is not to be overlooked. Having a view inside your home can be just as important as seeing who’s at the door or who’s sneaking around the backyard.
Look for an indoor camera with these features:
- Image quality–look for 1080p or 4k cameras to get crisper images
- Zoom capabilities Wi-fi connectivity–be sure it’ll connect with your home’s Wi-fi installation
All Systems Integrated carries the most advanced surveillance technology available. We stand out from the crowd with a wide array of especially automated smart devices, custom installations, and complete tutorials for all our customers, so you’re ready to use it the minute your system is installed! Get in touch with us today for a free estimate and discover more ways a camera system can change your life.