Few things are more startling than discovering a blazing fire inside your own home. But that’s exactly what happened to Morgan, an Avantguard monitoring subscriber, after starting a load of laundry in her dryer. Thankfully, she had a monitored smoke alarm system and an AG representative contacted her when the alarm went off. She was able to safely evacuate the house and confirm the fire department to dispatch. This quick response saved her home from being burned down. This same Five Diamond rated monitoring company partners with All Systems Integrated to provide our customers with quality monitoring services.
Scenarios like these are all too common. Approximately 2,900 home fires are reported from dryers each year, with the leading cause being a failure to clean the filter. A simple routine cleaning could have prevented these fires from happening. This NFPA report complies a list of the leading causes of home fires and the ways they can be easily prevented.
According to the NFPA, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 355,400 home fires every year between 2012-2016. This averaged out to 2,560 deaths annually and $6.5 billion in direct property damage.
In the worst-case scenario it pays to be prepared. Just like Morgan’s case above, your home could be saved from a future fire by having a monitored system.
All Systems Integrated partners with Avantguard monitoring to bring you the best in what monitoring services have to offer. Learn more about monitoring and contact us to get started with adding some peace of mind to your home today; (253) 770-5570.